IMG_0355
Originally uploaded by bzchan.
My stay in Hong Kong was a short one, but a good one none-the-less. I arrived on Friday night and had dinner with my cousin at the airport before heading back to her place in the Mid-Levels of the Central District.
On Saturday, we decided to skip out on my second cousin's wedding ceremony and take a walk around Hong Kong so I could see the sites instead. We took the tram up to the Peak. People are a bit more pushy in HK, thus my cousin's advice that I should push my way into the tram and not be polite. No sooner had she said that, I got pushed from behind on my way onto the tram. Maybe that explains the way some people are back in Canada if they've just come from HK, or China.
Unfortunately, the view from the top wasn't too great because of the fog and smog, but the pictures of what the view would look like were nice! =P We took the double decker bus down from the Peak. Reminds me of a rollercoaster ride ..zipping down the windy narrow streets with buses and cars coming the other way maybe 5-10cm's away from you. Even worse than the sea-to-sky highway. We had to hold onto the rails to keep from falling off our seats. Hehe. Exciting!
We saw some other sites, took the Star Ferry across the river to TST (Tsim Sa Tsui?) and walked around. They had this Teddy Bear Festival going on at the mall which was kinda cute, then the MTR (subway) back across. I took about every form of transportation possible in a weekend, airport express, cab, outdoor elevator, Peak tram, double decker bus, ferry, normal bus, car. It reminds me of an adventure in a children's book about transportation.
On Sunday, I had breakfast with my 3rd uncle and aunt. Afterwards, they showed me the hospital in which I was born, where almost exactly 23 years before I first entered the world. hehe, my aunt even asked if anything looked familiar...maybe subconsciously? =P
Here's a picture of the convention centre, where I met up with CC for church on Sunday. Too bad there's so much pollution.. sky's so grey.
No comments:
Post a Comment