Bike Path
Originally uploaded by bzchan.
I was inspired by a classmate to go on bike rides more often. My original plan was to wake up early and go for a bike ride and catch the sunrise this morning. However, I accidently set my alarm clock for 6pm instead of 6am. Hmmm, maybe that was a subconscious thing? =P After waking up around 8:30, decided I should still go and get some exercise. There's a bike path along the river, the same one I took to the city, which is pretty nice. (I cut out the freeway in the pic, which is to the right of the path) This time I decided to go South instead of north. You'd think it'd be hard to get lost following a river, but actually different parts of the water all look the same! ..really!! and it's hard to tell which bridge is what. In anycase, I missed the overpass to cross the freeway on the way home and ended up going about half-way to the city before realising it. Must've got lost in my thoughts. Only noticed when I saw the golf course on the other side of the freeway, which is maybe a 15-20min bike ride past where I wanted to be? Ah well, gave me more exercise. =)
It was a nice ride, the sky was clear but not too hot. Passed by some friendly people, who would either smile back or say hi or goodmorning. Funny how such a simple thing can brighten someone's day. I should do this more often. Start the day off right with some good quality fresh air, exercise, and quiet time. If only I could wake up on time...
3 comments:
WHAT?? I don't inspire you to exercise more often?? I think I'm a little offended. All these years of hearing me say "I'm going to work out now", and not even an ounce of inspiration. :(
I am inspired!! hehe, but maybe it's the extra push from a new voice. I mean, I have been hearing you say you're going to work out almost everyday for say 4 years? =) without you, I would've been doing less. you know I'm not too into just going to the gym..I tried.. really, at Goodlife remember.. but bike riding, you get to see more things, the scenary changes, and exercise at the same time. PLUS, it's FREE =) ...even less excuses not to go.
Becky, that is an amazing photograph, I like it a lot. It looks so serene...
:) SIC, Joanna
Post a Comment