I recently acquired an organ from this group... and no, it's not a liver, kidney, or lung! It's a Yamaha Electone C40 Organ. Basically, I haven't had a chance to play the piano for a long time so figured it'd be fun to fool around on some keys.
It was interesting trying to get it home. Sub came along to help me pick it up. The lady giving it away didn't even think we'd be able to lift it. Then, once it was out the door she didn't think it would fit in the car.. but it fit.. barely. I measured the car previously, but the angles were a bit different so we ended up using a bungy cord to hold the trunk door down.
Anyhoo, here's a picture of it:
6 comments:
does it work well? :)
we have a freecycle waterloo(yahoogroups) too! i feel bad for taking part in the list though because i rarely have anything free to give away - or if i do, i've already given it away to the students here or someone else!
yup, it's in good condition except for 2 keys that don't work too well.
cool, didn't know they had a waterloo one. i figure i'll have lots to give away next year before i move home.. so it'll balance out. still keeping my eyes out for a microwave :P
That's so cool, Becks :) Now you can learn to play the keys with your feet! We've got several freecycles here to, like freecycle vancouver and freecycle burnaby.
wow, it's been so long since i've been on your blog!
cool, now i'll have some entertainment when i come visit ;)
hey mich! neat-o, sounds like these freecycle things are everywhere. hehe, yeah.. working on the foot co-ordination :)
she - yeah, you're welcome to try it out while you're here. 3 months to go? ...count down!
Becks I used to have an organ just like that! It was my first instrument and I bought it for $5 (canadian) at a garage sale! I loved it! I can play "On top of Spaghetti" and the american national anthem, amnongst other things, on the organ.
Have fun with it!
Shima
Post a Comment