Friday, April 27, 2007

Another Car Adventure

There's this pizza place that's won a lost of competitions in a place called Mundaring, which is about a 45min drive from Perth. Sub and I have wanted to go for a while, but never had the chance. So.. considering Sub was leaving yesterday night for Tokyo and then Toronto, I decided I'd ask if she wanted some pizza since I pass by Mundaring on the way back from Northam.

Perhaps it was because I stopped the car and used my mobile first, or maybe I was just tired from the day but when I stepped out of the car and started crossing the street... I suddenly had this feeling... WHERE ARE MY KEYS?? ....oh no, are they still in the car?? [quickly walk back to the car and look in the window] ...yup they're still in the ignition. hmmm... what to do now?
  1. Maybe there a locksmith - So I ask a lady in a local store. nope, no locksmith in town.
  2. Ask the police - Walk to the police station across the street. Nope, they can't open the car door unless they break a window. hmm, don't want my window broken...
  3. Call road-side assistance - Dope. They only cover the first $60-70 and since I'm 45 min away from the Metro area it would cost me a couple hundred dollars. @_@ They suggest I call a taxi to pick up my spare keys and have them deliver...
  4. Sub saves the day one last time before she leaves- She called our friend S and delivers my spare keys and we make it back in time for her to finish packing and send her off at the airport.

...I think I should really learn how to break into my own car. It'd be a very handy skill to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops, at first i thought your car keys were still in the ignition with the car still running (and i was thinking wow, that's a lot of gas wasted)..but then i gathered it probably wasn't.

at least you got your keys out without haviing to pay or break anything! i hear a coat hanger works...did sub get her pizza? :)

She said...

only you, becks, only you....you seem to be cursed with having bad luck with your car. haha