Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Kalbarri

I finally made it up to Kalbarri this past weekend. Sub's been talking about this place for a year and a half so I've been eager to check it out. I tried last year when SL and MQ were here, but bad timinig, the road to the park was closed due to rain the night before. It's a really nice gorge. Hiked for a bout 4 hrs around The Loop down to the River and back up. Went canoeing down the Murchison River, but I forgot to bring my camera for that. Here's some pictures:

Nature's Window
View of the Gorge
The bottom of the gorge
Picture from a lookout point
Going up there made me realise just how dry Australia is. Here's some trees which instead of shedding it's leaves in the fall, it sheds its bark. Weird eh?
Now it's back to the real world and time to study for my final exam next week. It's hard to believe, I'm almost at the end of this physio student marathon. 6 more weeks until I finish.

1 comment:

Sub29 said...

I think you rushed through the Kalbarri experience. You really need to take your time, hike around and allow the place to amaze you. You should go back again. It's definitely a GREAT place. Either that or I've been talking it up for so long that it's becoming great in my head.