My fortune cookie today said "You will soon be traveling to a distant land." How did it know? As a kid, my family never took vacations anywhere. Most of the time, if I've gone anywhere there was a purpose - moving, studying, volunteering, weddings. I watched "The Hobbit" this week. There's a scene in the beginning when Bilbo Baggins is asked to join a group of dwarfs to reclaim their home. I could relate as he hesitated - Bags End was his home - his house, his family, things he was familiar with to journey with people he wasn't familiar with, it's hard to leave. I passed the 5 year mark of living in the same home for the first time in my life this past year. Change isn't always easy - sometimes it's anticipated and sometimes it sneaks up on you, but change is necessary. In a few months, I'll be starting a new adventure into married life. I'm looking forward to it! Really liked a sermon illustration I heard recently relating to the verse "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Lamps back in the day when the Bible was written probably consisted of a little candle that could only light enough to reveal only a few steps in front of you. In order to see more, you had to walk forwards, keep moving before more would be revealed. Take one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment