Monday, July 25, 2005

Day 4 & 5

We didn't do much on the 4th day. Sandy got us hooked on these number puzzles called sudoku that're in the newspaper everyday. They're fun! ..though frustrating when you can't get them. I've finished a level one in about 8 minutes, but was totally stuck on a level 5. Here's a website to check some out online.

Day 5

Time to pack up and head home. Stopped by Simmo's.. a well known ice cream place in Dunsborough on the way. I had a hazelnut nouget flavour and a swiss chocolat, almond nouget flavour that tasted really good.

Simmo's!

There were also animals out back at Simmo's. A slightly weird combination of and emu, bambi, and billy the goat all in one! Apparently sometimes there's kangaroos, but I missed out.. so I have still yet to see my first one. Funny Sign there: Warning! Ice cream Eating Emu ....wish I had taken a picture now... don't see that everyday =)

Animals

Mike and a Danger sign.. warning about the waves that might come from that tiny river... hmmm....

Danger! Danger! Danger!

Group shot, minus Gavin photographing...



This is Gavin driving. Had a little excitement when his engine overheated about an hour away from Perth. We stopped at a gas station and got some advice from a couple guys from Arizona passing by. We added some distilled water to the radiator and let the engine cool down a bit. Thankfully the engine was fine the rest of the way home.

Driver =)

Stopped by Busselton, which is well known for it's Jetty - the longest one in the Southern hemisphere.. 2km long!

Busselton Jetty 2
Busselton Jetty 3

A one-legged seagull... maybe it got a little greedy about asking for food? =P

One Legged Bird

One more stop in Bunbury and we were back in Perth. Here's another sky picture from Bunbury:

Bunbury

....and that was my trip. Now I'm back in Perth, refreshed to start another semester of school on Thursday. Hmmm, maybe I should start on 1 of 3 assignments that I have already. @_@

One more note: Happy Birthday Debbie! (....here's your honourary mention)

5 comments:

b.p. said...

emus, they're also found in madagascar i think? have you eaten a emu before? :P

She said...

are u gonna take me there when i come visit? awesome pics btw!!! looks like u had a great little trip =D

chentianming said...

sudokus are fun... how do you know what level they are?

Becks said...

she - haha, haven't thought that far ahead yet! but yeah, it's nicer in person.. pictures just don't do it justice.

Goah - I agree =) The newspapers rate them, but guess they don't have it on the website. I'm sure there's more out there though..

chentianming said...

I checked on Amazon.ca and there are 46 sudoku books either in print or coming soon... even a 2006 calender.

Oh well, free online puzzles are fun too... even if they don't have levels.