Came across this article about a couple Canadians trying to be the first to circumnavigate the world by muscle power, via cycling, rowing, skiing, walking - from Vancouver, north to Alaska, across the Bering Sea, into Russia where they've reached Moscow at the moment. Sounds like quite the adventure.. it'll take about 2 years for them altogether to finish the trek. Too bad they started off as friends, but now they've split up and are finishing the trek separately...
Speaking of ends of friendships... "and there were only two"... it's just Sheryl and I left from last term. Andrea graduated and went back to Malaysia, Ale is back in Mexico, LeeShan is upstairs with her friends and Rumi had a falling out with Sheryl so she's switched to another flat. It's too bad, I'm going to miss having her around...
With the end of friendships comes new ones. All 4 new flatmates have moved in, though I've yet to meet one of them from Victoria, Australia. One girl from Singapore has been moving in/setting up slowly. Her parents came with her. It's been neat to see how close their family is.. even received some 'fatherly' advice from her dad about going down south since they just came back from there this past weekend. =)
1 comment:
I've heard that two people is the worst number to travel together.
Four apparently is pretty close to ideal since you can split up into pairs if you disagree as a group.
Good thing we live so far apart. Much easier to be nice! :P
Post a Comment