Friday, November 25, 2005

One Year Down

Well, I've finally reached the light at the end of one tunnel =) Funny, how I feel such a greater sense of accomplishment from finishing one year of physio than I did finishing my whole undergraduate degree. I guess the reward is sweeter when you have to work harder at it.

This year seems to have flown by, and yet I'm amazed at how much stuff we've learned in such a short amount of time. I can't seem to get away from thinking about physio stuff... walking down the street, someone's limping "hmm, well they have decreased step length on their right side, inadequate dorsiflexion on initial contact, perhaps a knee contracture?" I see a picture of a cat with puffed out cheeks and I think "oh, it's the buccinator muscle supplied by the facial nerve, which also does..." Ahhhhhh! Information just pops out everywhere!!

Also coming up: packing today, moving out of res tomorrow, learning to drive a manual, a camp with fellowship next weekend, my first Christmas in the middle of summer.. I'm told people usually have a bbq and go to the beach on Christmas day.

Here's a picture of the "A-Team" at dinner celebrating after our exams last night. I couldn't have done it without them.

3 comments:

chentianming said...

Congrats! Well done. Why are you guys the "A-Team"? Where's Mr. T

Viv said...

Wow.. 1 year already? Time does fly... Congratulations! Sounds like you've got physio on the brain & are really enjoying it :)

ss said...

I love your house picture! I hope you're enjoying you're new place.