Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Singapore

I'm at Changi Airport in Singapore right now. My flight's tomorrow morning, but I checked in early so I could explore the airport and enjoy it's perks and not have to wake up early to rush to check-in tomorrow morning. Compared to the night at Syndey airport, this place is amazing! There's rest lounges, tv's for entertainment, free internet, XBox, movie theatre, 24 hr food places. Wow. Compared to arriving in Sydney at 11pm to find that all the food outlets were closed after flying on a budget airline that didn't serve free food, only to have to wait till the next morning for a meal and sleeping on stiff plastic chairs.. this places can't even compare.

The past week in Singapore was nice. It was great hanging out with Viv again after not seeing her for 2.5 yrs. We did the touristy stuff, went to Sentosa Island, saw the Merlion, China Town, Little India, Clarke Quay, and ate lots of food and went to many many malls. I'll post up pics later on. The Yee's were amazing hosts :) Especially since I ended up with food poisoning and stayed in bed for 1.5 days, with G's mom making congee, ginger tea, and such to help me feel better, and then coming with us to the Night Safari. Thanks G!!!!

Overall, it was a good break and nice to not have any errands to run or responsibilities to do while I was here. But, I think I'm ready to go home. I can't wait to hit Canadian soil again. It's been too long. For those in Canada, see you soon! To those in Australia, come visit! :)

2 comments:

Viv said...

hi becks! glad to hear u were feeling well enough to explore changi (must've been the sling & the wings ;)

Karma is getting back at me for giggling at Irony. I'm so sick now, i can't even talk, it was so hard to order my coffee today, so sad :(

anyway, will see u soon. congrats to ur bro, i hope it was an excellent day ^_^

-- viv

Becks said...

oh no! sorry to hear you're sick. but only you viv, hehe.. coffee when you're sick. hope it sits better than my frapp! get well soon. try a lot of water and vitamin c :)

i'll post up pics soon, my internet's been down at home.