Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Taste of Singapore

Nasi Goreng (fried rice) + Teh Tarik (yum! tea with some caramel like flavour)
Laksa
Ice Kachang (Shaved ice with flavouring and jelly at the bottom)
Chow Kuey Teow
Satay Sticks
Carrot Cake (We thought this was dessert, but turned out to be radish that's called carrot cake)
Wonton Noodle?
Padang?? I forget what this is called... Indian style pankcake with potatoes inside and curry dip
Chicken Claypot
Fish Curry
Swedish Biscuits (What I ate when I was recovering from food poisoning)
NEWater (ie. recycled water from sewage that's been filtered)
Sugar Cane

Tiger Beer
Singapore Sling
btw - I took pictures of everyone's food, not just my own so I didn't eat eeverything shown here. Though I think I missed a few.. didn't get a picture of Roti Prata....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...though, i'm not entirely sure i would want to try the sewage water....btw, welcome home!

Waiki said...

yummy. you should have brought some back. =P

gazellezy said...

that thing you call 'padang' is called 'thosai' (pronounced 'thosay') becks! hope u're settling well back into home with the nice car you have. great having u here for a while. :)
-gracey

Becks said...

Oops. haha, thanks grace! i thought padang didn't seem right...