Yesterday, I experienced another Australian pass-time... a live cricket game! I spent most of the time trying to figure out the rules of the game and it's definitely not as fast paced as hockey, but it was still entertaining - at times. I think I understand the basics of the game now. During the second half, I was a little distracted by some kids close by as they were chasing each other, playing their own cricket with whatever they could find to use as a ball, apples, pop can, plastic ball,... two of them even got into a bit of a play fight... there was more action there than on the field! Perhaps it would have been better to go with someone who could actually tell us the rules of the game.. I did learn some of the popular Australian players though: Gilchrist, Lee, Waren. Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!


Afterwards, we went to the University of Western Australia for an outdoor movie called Brides. It's an international film from Greece about mail-order brides set in 1922. Quite a good movie, though a sad ending and some artsy stuff I didn't quite understand.
It was a nice setting amongst the trees:

They had some lawn chairs that were slightly reclined to sit on:

Sub and her splinted broken finger. I think she should've gone for the pink! :P ...and Tara in the back making sure she was hydrated after a long day at the cricket stadium:
3 comments:
Waren? whos Waren? or is it Warne? haha...hmm you should have asked me....but then again i'm not in perth. i can explain the game to you..ahhaa..
Oops, haha.. yes I think it's Warne. The pitcher? or do they call it a bowler? :P
Shane Warne. hes a bowler. You are either a batsmen, wicketkeeper or Bowler. hehe..
Post a Comment